Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2017

Hello Everyone!

Time is flying... Two month are already over! It kind of makes me sad that the time passes so fast because I feel like it everything just passes by me and that I'm not doing everything I could do... But every exchange student I have talked to is feeling simular so I guess that's normal.

Anyways, this month was pretty crazy... I don't even know where to start!
The beginning of the month was pretty quiet. One weekend I went to Killarney with a group of Irish friends, which was a lot of fun! I actually met them at the Busstation
by coincidence because I had to go to Killarney to buy a french book and they were going on the same bus to go shopping and so they asked me if I wanted to join them. This made me really happy, as it was the first time I actually spent some time with Irish pupils outside of school🙈
Also I went to the cinema in Tralee with my Hostmum, my little Hostsister and my spanish Hostsister which was a lot of fun aswell.

Another weekend (just before the storm Ophelia) we went on a trip to the Cliffs of  Moher with my organisation. The Cliffs where very impressive and it was so good to see all the other exchange students again! We had a great time (evendhough are shoes were covered in mud in the end because the track we were walking was really really muddy...). After the Cliffs we went to a shopping center in Limerick where we had a little time to walk arround. The shopping center was huge and we even managed to get lost in there... But oh well, we found are way back out in the end😂 After that we went to a restaurant all together, ate yummy food and just realaxed for a bit.
On sunday my Hostsister, a german student and I went to Killarney together, just to get out the house for a bit.
Cliffs of Moher
My new german Hostsister and I

The Monday after this the storm Ophelia came and disturbed the calm... All schools were closed and no one was allowed to go outside. It was really impressive because the house was vibrating because the wind was so strong. One time I opend one of our roof-windows and it blew it open and when I tried to close it again I literally had to hang on it with my full bodyweight. Other than that it was really boring bacause we were trapped inside the house and couldn't really do anything... Also I think that we didn't get the storm as strong as other places like Cork for example. But we had another day off on Tuesday anyways. It was to dangerous with all the trees that had fallen over and some of the electicity whires broke, so some places didn't have any electicity. So that was another boring day trapped inside the house.
And with the storm I stared having quite big problems with my Hostfamily... Things just didn't really work out anymore... I guess they probably didn't really work from the first day on, when no one came to pick me up at the airport... I really tried my best to make things work, but it just didn't and that's fine too! Anyhow, my Local co-ordinator had to urgently pick me up on thuesday night after the storm, as things just really got out of hand... But it was for the best!

My new Hostfamily is really nice! I have a german Hostsister who will be staying until January and I get along with her very well. The only thing that is a bit difficult with her is trying not to speak german with her... But I think we are doing pretty well. Besides her I have 5 other hostsiblings. My hostparents have 2 sons (22 & 17 years old) and a daughter who is 20 and than they have two fosterkids that are 5 and 7 years old. The oldest son is in College but he sometimes comes on the weekends.
Also I didn't have to change the school which is really good bacause I still have may friends there!

On friday evenings I usually go to a first aid class with my my german Hostsister, my 20 years old Hostsister and my 17 years old Hostbrother, which is a lot of fun and the peoples there are all really nice too. I also joined the hockey team in school. I really enjoy playing it and it allows me to spent more time with my Irish friends because most of them are on the hockey team. Yesterday they had their first game of the year. Sadly I couldn't play bacause I'm to old and simply not good enough yet but I went with them anyways to suport them (and because it ment missing out on school:)) My team lost but thats okay!The team we were palying against was way stronger and they were all playing in a Club and not only once a week.
Hockey game
Next week we'll have one week of midterm break because of halloween and I'm really looking forward to that! Some Irish friends invited us over for a movie night for Halloween and me and my german hostssister are planning on going to Cork one of the days.

A lot of things have happend but I'm starting to actually have a life here. I have a few hobbies I do every week and I have my group of friends I can do things with on the weekends. The begining was really hard but I am happy to be here and I grow with eveything good or bad that happens.

(PS: If you go to the very bottem of my blog there should be a line saying "follow by E-mail" or something like that. So if you write your e-mail in there you should get informed when I post something on my blog)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen