Sonntag, 26. November 2017

Hello Everyone
Another month full of experiances and emotions has passed.

It started off with Halloween: I was invited to a little "Halloween-Party" (basically the only thing we did there was watching movies and eating sweets). It was good beeing part of an Irish group and interacting with them even if waht we did was not very exciting or anything! Also there is a rather funny story going with that looking back (it wansn't funny at the time but it kinda is now). So my german hostsister and I told our hostparentes early enough that we were going to this "Halloween-Party" and asked them if they could drive us there.
The problem was that they had kind of forgotten about it when we reminded them on the 31.10. which is fair enough because we did tell them a week earlier and they had a lot of things going on as well. Anyways, our hostmum came in to our room about an hour before we were suppesed to leave and told us that we had to leave right now because they would be unable to drive us any later. We were still in our pyjama at that point... We changed into normal cloths as fast as we could and I texted our friend that we would be early. Next problem was that we didn't exactly know where to go... We knew the street where they lived and we knew the colour of the house but it was dark outside so that didn't really help. But eventually we found the house. When we arrived I was really really embarassed because we were an hour early and they weren't ready at all... It made me feel so uncomfortable but oh well it was kind uf funny at the same time. :)

Since we had Middtermbreak and we had a lot of time. My german hostsister and Iwent to Cork one day. Our older Hostsister gave us a ride to her workplace which is 'close' to killarney and from there we had to walk the last bit to town. We thought that would only take around 20min because thats what everyone told us... We actually thought we had enough time until our bus leaves but we walked fast anyways just to make sure we would be at the busstop on time. We had almost reached Killarney when we realised it had taken us just alittle more than 20min and that the bus would be leaving in less than 10min... So we started to run. Problem was that I have a really bad sense of orientation and was totally lost and my hostsister who has a really good sense of orientation was out of breath and could't run anymore. I tought that if I ran fast enough the bus meight still be there and I can ask the busdriver to wait but at every streetcrossing I had to wait until my hostsister had caught up with me close enough to hear and see me and could tell me which way I had to go. Finally I recognised where I was and I ran as fast as I possibly could, hoping the bus would be late. And we were lucky the bus was still there and the bus driver was kind enough to wait for my hostsiter who eventually arrived at the busstop and we both got on the bus totally out of breath, sweaty and with heads red like tomatos... We decided that we had defenitly done enough sports for the day and that we would not run again this day.
In Cork we just walked around the shops and started to look for things to make christmas presents and just walked arround the town which in my oppinion is not very spectaciular. But it was a nice day out anyways.
Cork
Also, in the beginning of the break, my little hostsister (8years) had her birthday party and it is very common here that the parentes rent a bouncing castle for their childrens birthday parties. So we had a bouncing castle in our garden. I think my german hostsister and I were way mor excited about having a bouncing castle than all the little kids were... But in our defence: It was a really cool bouncingcastle!
Our bouncing castle
And in the end of the break, my older hostsister had her birthday. So one day we attempted to bake a cake as a birthday present for here and it actually turned out pretty well! It was just a little salty because we forgot to buy unsalted butter so we had to use the salted butter. At least we were smart enough to remember not to but any extra salt in there (which I am pretty proud of 🙈😅).

Other than that we didn't really do a lot during our break because we were just to lazy and we always have to ask our hostfamily to drive us into town when we want to go somewhere or do something...

On one of the weekends I had an orientation day with AFS up in Dublin. I sat in the bus for 8h that day and I was only up there for like 5h. It was fun seeing all the swiss exchange students I met in one of the orientationcamps back in Switzerland. But we didn't even really get to see anything in Dublin, as we were inside all the time... Plus, everything they told us, we had already heard a good few times by now. But as I said, it was nice seeing all the other swiss exchange students again.
The little bit of  Dublin we saw
I have now started to go swimming with my older hostsister once a week and starting from next weekend I will probably go to a gym filled with airtracks and things like that were they train to do gymnastics and so on with her, which I'm really looking forward to!
I still haven't found a place to work with horses yet... It's really hard to finde something because I will have to ask somone in my hostfamily to bring me there all the time, if I don't finde anything I can reach walking or cyceling...

The weather has gotten pretty frosty over here. (Which is really annoying with the schooluniform  skirt because you can weare 2 thick tights, one over the plus shorts over them and still be freezing...). We didn't really get any snow down here yet... Although, the last day, we got all four seasons in one day: rain, hail, sun and a few seconds of snow. But at least there is snow on top of the mountains.
Snow on the mountains

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen