Dienstag, 26. September 2017

Hello Everyone!

I can't belive one month is already over! On one hand, it feels like I have been here for longer because so many things have happend. On the other hand everything is only slowly setteling down and falling in place now. I am starting to finde my place  in school and in the family.

As I said, a lot of things have happened:
On Thursday the 14.09.  We had a day off school because the Irish students recieved their results of  the junior cert (an important examam they write in 3rd year) and traditionally they
go out to celebrate on wednesday and stay of school on thursday. Me and my spanish hostsister didn't go celebrating. Instead we rode our bikes to the beach in Cromane (which is about a 20 min bike ride from our house). We spent a nice time there and it was beautifull! Even the weather was nice. After taking some nice photographs there we rode our bikes further along the sea and just enjoyed the fresh ocean wind blowing through our hair.

On the weekend of the 16./17.09 we went to Killarney again with two of my spanish hostsisters spanish friends. It's sometimes a bit hard for me when they speek in spanish because I can't understand anything but at least I meight be able to speak spanish in the end of the year😋 . Anyways, we didn't really do a lot. We just walked arround for a bit and enjoyed time out of the house for a bit.

Last Thursday (21.09) we had an orientation day with EIL (hehe, another day off school for me🙈) where I met a lot of other really nice exchange students! Also I met my Local coordinator (the person who is responcible for me) which was really nice because I could talk to her about all my problems but also about all the good things that have happen so far. After the orientation I went on a little walk trough Castleisland (where the orientation had taken place) with a fiew of my new friends.

Last weekend, on saturady I went to Limerick with some of the foreign students I met at the orientation day. We were a great mixture of different countries! And because we all spoke different languages we just had to speak english together which I thought was great! We had a lot of fun exploring the city, tasting some foods😋 and sharing our experiences we have made so far together. Evendough it was a 3h bus ride to get there and another 3h to get back I am really really happy that I choose to go!😊

 On sunday we went to church with my hostmum and her yonguest daughter. My spanish hostsister and I don't usually go with them but it was really nice to go for once and the church music was beautifull! After that we wanted to go back home but... the door was broken and we couldn't get into the house... We tried to open the back door but there was a key in the lock from the inside. And as the bad luck was on our side none of the people my hostmum knew and who could have helpt us where arround and none of them picked up their phones... After about two and a half hours of sitting outside and thinking of breaking one of the windows, my spanish hostsisters dad dold us to but the key of the back door into the lock and hit it with something hard to push it in further in. And it actually worked! Actually it was pretty funny and at least I got to spend the day with my Hostfamily (and I learnd how to open a door when the key is in the lock from the inside)!😂

🙈

School is getting easier too. We do get a lot of homework, but it's okey. I managed to change one of my subjects that were rather hard for me to french which is a lot easier and the pupils here have only had french for 3 years and haven't done too much yet. The principal wouldn't let me at first because I'm fluent but I managed to convince him that I am really bad at the grammar and that it would do me good to repeat all the grammar we had already done back in Switzerland. So that makes one subject less I have to worry about! And there are a lot of really fun pupils in my french class and I get along with them very well!

I still don't do a lot with my Hostfamily because they are not around very often but now I have the exchange students I met at the orientation day and some friends from school I can spent time with when I'm bored. Or I just go for walks or sometimes a bike ride to the beach!

Things are still not  perfect and I still haven't really found a hobby I can practice in my free time yet but thats okey and things have already gotten a lot better then they were in the beginnig, so I am positiv everything else will fall in place sooner or later!










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen