Montag, 11. September 2017

Hello Everyone!

As you may know I am staying, here, in Ireland for the next year. I arrived on the 26.08.17, but sad
ly we didn't have any Wifi at my house until now so I couldn't start the blog earlier...

After a long day of travelling, we finally arrived at Cork Aeroport! We were all very ambicious to finally meet our familys and couldn't wait to get out of these doors. Honestly I was a bit worried to
meet my family. I was scared that they would not be there when I come out. And I actally was right to be worried. Because when all my friends walked into there hostfamilys arms I was just standing there and couldn't see my family anywhere... Time passed. The other hostfamilys started leaving slowly. Juste one family was still standing there with one of my Swiss friends. Turned out they where looking for me because they were supposed to bring me to my local co-ordinator where my Hostmother would come to pick me up beacause she was working and could't make it to the aeroport. The drive form the Aerport to co. Kerry was about 2h and I was a little upset, dissapointed and tired on the way back... And I was just really really happy when my hostmum and my spanish hostsister finally came to pick me up! They were both really nice and friendly. When we arrived at the house I hoped to meet the rest of the family but than my hostmum told me they were all staying at theire Auntie's house to take care of here at the moment. But really, I was to tired to get upset about that too. I litearally went to bed bretty much streight away.

Arrival in Cork
The next days were pretty boring becaue we had about a week to go before school started. My hostmum was working a lot and my other hostsisters were never really arround eighthter. The youngest doughter, showd up a few times, but was staying with here firends most of the time. The second youngest daughter, showed up once and my spanish hostsister and me had a little chat with here but than the father came to pick her up and waved her out trough the window. He didn't even come in to say "Hi" to us. The second daughter, stuck here head trough the door real quique and than left again. The oldest daughter already left for college before I arrived.

It was maybe not the start I had wished for. But at least I'm here now and I get along very well with my spanish hostsister. And my hostmum and her yonguest daughter are really nice too.

View from my window
Than on friday the 01.09.17 school started. The first day of school was pretty bad... No one knew where to go and it was all a pretty big mess! Even most f the Irish students didn't really know where to go. Besides my spanish hostsister and me there are about 5-10 other foreign students at my school. Moste of them are spanish and they mostly speak spanish with each other. With all the other foreign students it doesn't really make it easy to finde some Irish friends. The Irish students are so used to having foreign students that they don't really take interest in us anymore...
The second day was a lot better. Everything had setteld down a bit and got more orgenised. On Monday (04.09.) I made some new friends too. One of the girls that hadn't been in on Friday, came up to me in one of the first classes and was really open and asked me to eat lunch with her. She introduced my spanish hostsister and myself to all her friends and so we have a little group of friends to stay with now :)

On the first weekend (02./03.09.) we went to Killarney, the next bigger town arround, with some of my spanish hostsiters spanish friends. It was fun but it was a bit hard for me because they kept on speaking in spanish. I'm afraid I might know more spanish than english at the end of the year ;)
On Sunday we went to Tralee, the Capital of co. Kerry. While my hostmum was visiting a friend, my spanish hostsister and I had a nice walk trough the town. We were supposed to go to the sea towards the evening but than my hostmum got a bug so sadely we couldn't go.

On the second weekend (09./10.09) we went to the Killarney National Park with another group of foreign students. We just went on a little walk, nothing much to see but still some nice Landscape and a few dears. The next day my spanish hostsister and I wanted to ride our bikes to the beach but it was very very windy and a bit wet outside so couldn't go. Instead we went an a nice walk trough Killorglin and along the river.


Killorglin
The beginning may not have been perfect but nothing turns out how you expect it and you just have to go with what comes. I'm here now and I'll try to make the best out of what ever happens here!






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen