Donnerstag, 1. März 2018

Hello Everyone!
Month number 6 is over. Loads of things have changed:

 The trigger for all the changes to start was actually my german hostsister going back to germany. To be honest I was really scared about what would happen when she leaves... But this fear was what drove me on! I was so scared to get homesick if I have too much time that I just found my self loads of things to do. And this is what brough all the changes.
The saying "every end is a new beginning" got a whole new meening to me. Although I really do miss here and I often wish she was still here, I am thinking that it maybe was "good" for me that she left. It forced me to integrate myselfe more again and to finde new occupations.

I guess one of the most important changes for me was that I finally found a place to go horse riding here. It's on a little farm, that belongs to friends of my hostfamily, about a 1h walk up the hill from where I live. I absoloutly love it there! There philosophy might not correspond with mine to a 100% but I am still really glad that I have this place where I can go to work with horses and spent my time outside moving arround the whole day! It just makes me happy to fall into bed at  night, totally wrecked after being outside the whole day.
I have been spending most of my weekends and a major part of my week off up there since my german hostsister left. I do feel a bit bad for my hostfamily because I'm never really arround on weekends anymore... but on the otherhand I am doing what makes me happy and I think it makes them happy to see me happy as well. I usually walk up there in the morning and when I am to early I bring my irish tin whistle and finde myselfe a quiet spot on the way up where I can practise:) I'm not very good at it yet but I'll get there eventually. Than I spend my whole d working with the horses or helping with little things arround the farm like bringing the horses from one field to the other (which can be a bit of a challenge...). And sometimes,  when all the work outside is done for the day, I start palying with here 4 lovely little boys. They're all so full of life and energy:) One afternoon the family even brought me swimming with them which was a lot of fun as well!
Enjoying the sun on Casey
Valetines day with Rolo ;-)
The owners of the farm are just really really nice! They also give me a lot of freedrom to work with the horses and have already shown and tought me a lot of new things so far! One weekend they brought me to a hunting race. I did not participate but it was pretty impressive to watch! It's not actually what I ususally support but I enjoyed it anyways. It's a part of the irish culture and I am verry happy I had the chance to be part of it. And maybe if I get the chance for it I might even paticiapate at a hunt one of these days :) Just for the experiance.

At the hunt


Anothertime she had to go visiste a horse she had sold a while ago as the new owners where struggeling a bit with here because shey where new to having horses. She brought me with here and it was really interesting. She gave them a few lessons and showed them how to do a few things to improve the relationship between them and the horse. I learned a lot that day:)

So as you can see I have been spending a lot of time up there with the horses and these peoples and I have been enjoying it very much! But of course I can't always there.

In my one week break I met up with some Irish pupils twice for example.
One time I met up with another german exchange student and two Irish pupils. They took us for a cycle up a hill from where you have a "365°" view or thats at least what the sign says on the way up (sadly I forgot to take a picture of it...)😂 But to be fair the view from there was actually breath taking! You could actally see a bit of everything! You could see the sea, lakes, hills (or mountains as they call them), the "Town" (Or village as I liketo call it), so basically a bit of of everything:). It was really windy and we were a bit scared to get blown off but luckely we didn't. We had a fun time trying to take pictures without having the wind ripping out the phone out of our hands and jumping in the air, olding our jackets like wings, trying to fly:). On the way back we got well rinced by the rain but luckely we were already almost back when it started raining. To warm ourself up again we ended the day with a hot chocolate and a movie.

The other time I was invited to friends house on the tradidtional irish "Pancake-day". So obvioulsy we made pancakes first. There was about a dozen of us eating pankakes and chattering away:) At one point some of them started making music; singing, playing the piano and the guitar. with the time almost everyone started joining in and singing along. It was just so much fun! It kind of reminded me of the time I spent in Alaska a few years back which mademe enjoy it even more. They are all so incredibly talented and it sounded sooo good!

Other than that I have been spending quit a lot of time with my irish hostsister. We havn't been able to do a lot outside the hous toghether lately as she hurt her foot a few weeks back... But we usually watch movies together while she is doing her portfolio for art college and I am eighther drawing something as well or doing whatever else I want/need to do. Hopefully she'll be better soon s we can go for walks and do some excercise together again:).

School is basically the same as usual. On mondays when we go to to capenalea (an outdoor education center) we have been doing rockclimbing, cannoeing, and mapreading. It's always great fun and a good change from the everyday school life.
At the moment I should be on work experiance for a few days but due the weather warnings here I can't go in to town (because the irish are extremely scared of the snow:) the last few days there wasn't even any bread left in the shops as they are so scared not to get out of the house anymore and there is tonnes of sand on the footpaths evendough there isn't any snow down here yet so it's just a waste of sand because it is just blowing away and not staying on the footpaths at all...😬😂) but yesterday I was working in a little cafe in town:) I got a free crepes so it was definitely worth it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen